This is a reminder that the November Union meeting will take place at The Colorado Professional Fire Center (12 Lakeside Lane, Denver CO 80212) Wednesday, November 7th at 7:00 pm and Thursday, November 8th at 8:30 am. A few things to be aware of:
- Campaign Literature for the upcoming election is attached, and has been mailed to firehouses.
- Congratulations to Ashaun Drumgo (D3 VP), Brian Young (D4 VP), and Curt Schorder (DIA VP) on being elected by acclamation at the October Union Meeting.
- Voting for the contested 2019 Executive Board positions will begin at the November Meeting. Candidates will all have an opportunity to speak at the Union Meeting, and then polls will open for voting. Polls will remain open during normal business hours (Mon-Thurs 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM) until the December Union Meeting. Members will be voting for one in each of the following positions:
President: Scott Simpson, Dave Foster
VP D6: Rick Dodson, Chris Ferguson, Richard Gorman, Morgan Thomas
Trustee: Jerry Winters, Mark Butler
- Regular Business will be suspended at the December Union Meeting for the Annual Christmas Party. Results of the Election will be announced at the Christmas Party.
- The Union Meeting Door Prize is currently at $4,200. However, at the September E-board, there was a vote to change the Door Prize Policy. Effective January 1st 2019 the Door Prize policy will sunset, and $100 will be provided through a random drawing of members present at the Union meeting every month. *E-Board members will be exempt from the drawing.
Follow the attached link to view last month’s Minutes and review so that you are informed and in the loop. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting this month.